Happy weekend, dear readers! Hope it’s a long one for you and you’re getting a bit of a break thanks to MLK! I usually teach Hebrew School for Shul By the Shore on Sundays, but on this sunny Sunday off my day started out with a very early morning “sweet shop” set-up by my two favorite little ladies…
Lots of people I know find it ridiculous (and even a little obnoxious) when parents “take turns”. And I must say, before I had kids I definitely felt the same way. That was until we tried “taking turns”. Since Freida was about 9 months old we’ve had pretty much a solid sleep-in schedule. I sleep in on Shabbos morning while Manasseh plays with the kids until he has to get ready for Shul, at which point he rises the slumbering mother-queen and I take over. On Sundays I wake with the kids and he sleeps in until he has to get up for minyan. As I said, we started it years ago just to give it a try, and it’s worked so seamlessly that we’ve never stopped. Obviously, it’s not something that’s never tampered with, but for the most part we love it and stick with it. Honestly, just the thought of sleeping in so late one morning a week gets me through some of the toughest days ever. And let me tell you, when I go to sleep every Friday night knowing I most likely won’t wake until an ungodly teenage hour – the pleasure and relaxation of conking out is so awesome!!
Anyways! Now that I’ve finished my little rant on parenting… :)
Here’s a few things I thought you might like to check out over this extended weekend:
– This art form has got me in stitches – so cool!!
– This week’s Babyccino is Mexico-themed and while googling snacks I happened upon these – yumm!
– With the Superbowl coming up, score some brownie points by being a good NFL wife and email your man this hilariously bad lip reading!!
– I’d love to use this retro barber board as my new babysitter info center.
– Talk about playing “sweet shoppe”….
– Freida’s school has been going on about the flu – this non-alarmist guide cracked me up!
Hope you have a good one!!